Unite Community members outside Rishi Sunak’s constituency office in Northallerton
THE COST OF LIVING CRISIS EMERGENCY CHARTER
THE RISING COST OF LIVING
- Energy prices have just gone up 54% and are now unaffordable for many households.
- Rents are rising, council tax is going up and food price inflation is reportedly approaching 10%.
- But pay, pensions and benefits are not rising in line with inflation
SUPPORT THE COST OF LIVING EMERGENCY PEOPLE’S CHARTER
Energy and utilities
- Scrap VAT on energy bills – this will save you £200 per year.
- A £500 annual winter fuel payment for everyone.
- No extra charge on pre-payment meters.
- No disconnections of gas, electric supplies or phone lines.
- Energy, transport & water in community ownership and control.
Taxes, food prices and free school meals
- Taxes on big business and wealthy individuals to help with the cost-of-living crisis.
- A 20% wealth tax (will bring in £69 billion).
- Regulate basic food prices.
- Provide free meals for children whether in school or on holiday.
- Scrap the National Insurance increase.
- Have a £15.00 per hour minimum wage.
- No pay freezes for workers.
- Raise Statutory Sick Pay to same level as the minimum wage for the equivalent of a week’s work.
- Add £20 per week on Universal Credit payment and all other benefits.
- Cancel the cut to Universal Credit for young disabled people in education.
- Increase all benefits in line with cost of living increases.
- Keep pensions linked with cost of living and restore free TV licenses.
- Give security of tenure for renters and introduce rent controls.
HOW TO SIGN THE CHARTER
As we are sending signed charters to Tory MPs according to constituency, please click on the link for the constituency that applies to you.
Thank you for your support!